Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Have you ever had an idea, and you think, “Ah, that’s an okay idea, but not that great of an idea.” But then you forget the idea, and you think, “What was that idea I just thought of? It was a really good one. Why didn’t I write it down?” Then a few minutes later, you remember the idea, and you think, “That was it? Why did I think that was a great idea while I couldn’t remember it?” I think that happens to all of us! I wonder why forgetting an idea makes that idea seem more important or better than the idea while you can easily think of it… Probably the same thing that makes the heart grow fonder during absence.
Or is it that the idea really is a good one, but it just seems like, if you could think of an idea, everyone else could think of the same idea too. But then if you can’t remember it, it must mean that it isn’t that common of an idea after all, so it must be a valuable one. Then you remember the idea again, and you go back to thinking that it must not have been that unique of an idea after all. It just goes to show that the best ideas have probably already been thought of. Or have they? I can’t remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment